Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What do you REALLY look like?

Dear midnight owls,

As you now know, I am in the midst of a website re-design. I'm going to be updating this blog as the site progresses with tons of random tidbits.

Tonight's Agenda: 
Mirror Mirror on the wall... what the heck do I look like?
(www.davinaplusdaniel.com)

You know what happens to me when I meet um... almost 90 percent of my clients for the first time? We didn't recognize you... You don't look anything like your picture. Two ways of taking this. 

1. You are much better looking in person
2. You are not so good looking in person

Either option seems like a FAIL. I was just interviewed by an Iranian Newspaper and when I sent over a picture of myself as they requested, I received this as a reply:


"can u send a photo that's cool, funky, youthful, more energetic... sheitoon tar!!" (sheitoon tar means- a little more playful) in other words: You don't look anything like your picture!!


If you have worked with me or know me on a personal level, you know that I'm a bit funny, a lot crazy and totally crushing on my job. Definitely loud, a rule breaker and the opposite of the picture perfect etiquette obsessed wedding planner you may have seen in the movies. 

As much as I'd like to think I roll out of bed looking manicured and runway ready, the reality is, 9 out of 10 times, I open my eyes, answer 100 emails, get in my car, get coffee, get to destination. get to next destination. arrive home after 9:00 PM. sit in front of desk. work. pass out. and repeat. There never seems to be time to look like that fairy-tale wedding planner. 

All this to get to my tidbit of the night. Tomorrow I am shooting a more... "me" photo. Hopefully the next time people see me, they say something like this:

"You look pretty much exactly like your pic. Do you have another outfit?" :p 

Have a goodnight people.
A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment